How Can Healthcare Brands Stay Relevant This Year?
Going digital is no longer a new or surprising element of marketing and life in 2020. When it comes to sectors like healthcare that don’t usually have seamless touchpoints with their customers beyond in-person visits, there is a fair amount of catching up to do. Here is a set of guidelines healthcare companies can use to elevate their brands and up their digital marketing games.
- Stand out. For many everyday people, there is no apparent difference between healthcare brands. Healthcare providers will benefit from understanding where their customers are coming from, where they experience pain points, and how they can be best addressed as a marketing audience. Focus on your business’ unique qualities and approach messaging with a high level of sincerity and consistency to gain patients’ lasting trust.
- Use Paid Search Advertisements. When a potential patient is experiencing a health issue, the internet is often their first stop. By making pay-per-click ads a part of your web footprint, you’re more likely to appear in relevant searches.
- Use Social Media Wisely. Marketers often hesitate to include social media in their healthcare strategies – however, as a good rule of thumb, go where your users are. These days, almost 70% of people who use the internet spend 2+ hours per day on social media sites. The vastness of these audiences is proof alone that people are listening – and a benefit of social media marketing is the relative ease of content creation most platforms afford.
- Lead with Helpfulness. Rather than leaning on your bragging rights as an organization, offer relevant, value-adding information in your marketing. Prioritize what your audience will read or see, and how it will make them feel. Address them as though you are investing in creating a legitimate connection so that they feel supported and assisted by you.
- Interact with Patients Online. Online reviews form an essential part of healthcare providers’ online footprint. Whenever user-generated content exists in conversation with your healthcare practice, get involved. Be prompt in responding to reviews – good or bad – and offer reviewers your polite, genuine reaction to their reviews.
- Ask for Reviews. Reviews are like word of mouth in today’s digital era. According to research, more than 80% of internet users trust online reviews similar to personal recommendations. User-generated content, be it reviews, social posts, or feedback, plays a vital role in getting referrals. Ask for your past patients for reviews, and all you need to do is to give adequate space to it on your website and social sites.
ASTRALCOM can support healthcare brands working through the nuances of digital marketing.